Please select your country
You acknowledge and agree that access to this Site is provided only in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
The Site has been approved for issue in the UK by AHR Financial Planning Limited trading as AHR Private Wealth. AHR Financial Planning is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), and is entered on the Financial Services Register with the firm reference number 208467.
AHR Financial Planning is part of a global group of businesses known asThe AHR Group. AHR Financial Planning Limited is registered in England and is established at 56, Wentworth Road, Blacker Hill, Barnsley, United Kingdom, S74 0RP, which is its registered office.
Unless otherwise stated in relevant sections of the website, this website is targeted at investors who are generally classified as qualified, professional, accredited or institutional. The information contained in this website is directed only at persons in a country or jurisdiction where access to the information and the use thereof is not contrary to local law or regulation. It is your responsibility to be aware of and to observe all applicable laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdiction when accessing the information contained in this website. In particular, no offer or invitation is made to any US persons (being residents of the United States of America or partnerships or corporations organised under the laws of the United States of America or any state, territory or possession thereof), who are excluded from the services, funds and products included in this site. There will be no public offering of services, funds and products in the United States.
The services, funds and products will not generally be available to U.S. Persons.
Should you wish to contact us please refer to the Contact Us link which can be found on each page of the Site.
In these Terms
- ‘Content’ means all pages, screens, information and materials included in or accessible through this Site (including any content available on any email or SMS services).
- ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘yours’ means you, the person(s) accessing this Site and the party on whose behalf you are doing so.
- ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means HR Capital Partners Limited.
- ‘HR / HR Group’ means HR Investments Limited, its subsidiaries and associated companies from time to time.
These Terms cover your use of this Site. All products and services provided by members of the AHR Group have their own terms and conditions (the ‘Product Terms’). You must read both the Product Terms and these Terms. To the extent that the Product Terms conflict with these Terms or any Local Sites’ terms and conditions then the Product Terms will prevail.
We are required by law to tell you that the terms and conditions are in English and that we will communicate with you in English.
From this Site we may provide information or hyperlinks to other websites or pages provided by other entities within the AHR Group (‘Local Sites’) and other parties. Your use of Local Sites and other parties’ sites may be subject to their own terms and conditions. You should read them.
This Site is intended for those who access it from within the United Kingdom. Because of this we cannot guarantee that the Site, or the information thereon, complies with the local laws or regulations of, or is appropriate for use in, any other jurisdiction from which you access it. If you choose to access this Site from a jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom you do so at your own risk and the AHR Group will not be liable for any breach of local law or regulation that you commit as a result of doing so.
Please make sure you read carefully all applicable terms, conditions and disclaimers relevant to your use of the products, services or information that may be offered to you from time to time.
If any part of these Terms is found by any court or other competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then such part shall be severed from the rest of the Terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Changes to our Terms
You acknowledge that we may amend these Terms from time to time, at our sole discretion. If we elect to amend these Terms, the revised version will be posted on the Site. You undertake to check the Site regularly for any changes we may have made since your last visit to the Site, since any such changes will be binding on you. By using the Site after we have changed or amended these Terms, you acknowledge that you will be accepting those changes or amendments.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 6th February 2019.
Availability of site, products and services
The Content, including layout, of this Site or products or services available via this Site may be wholly or partially suspended, withdrawn or changed at any time.
We also reserve the right at any time to immediately suspend the provision of all or any part of this Site to you and/or block your access to this Site.
The provision of financial services or products
Not all the products and services that you may be able to view via the Site are available in all geographical locations. The relevant AHR Group member reserves the right to make the final determination on whether or not you are eligible for any particular product or service.
If you choose to enter a website outside your country of residence, you are advised that it may not be legal in that jurisdiction for you to access or use the facilities available on that site and the legal requirements of that jurisdiction may prohibit you from dealing or otherwise transacting in that jurisdiction. No member of the AHR Group will be liable for any breach of local law or regulation that you may commit as a result of using and accessing a website in a country in which you are not resident.
Please be aware that some of the products and services listed within the Site and those provided by any other AHR Group members or third parties that may be accessed via a link from this Site may not be suitable for all investors. Always read the product information fully before committing to any contractual agreement.
All products or services provided to you by us or any other AHR Group member shall only be available in the jurisdiction/s within which the member providing the product or service is authorised to operate.
You agree that any of the products or services provided to you by us or any other HR Group member shall be deemed to be provided in the jurisdiction within which the member providing the product or service is authorised to operate.
Information or opinions contained on this Site or in any Local Sites do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation, or offer to buy, any securities or financial instruments or investment advice or any advice or recommendation in respect of such securities or other financial instruments.
Should you seek to rely in any way whatsoever upon any Content contained on this Site, you do so at your own risk.
Before you make any decision or take any action that might affect you or your personal finances or business, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional adviser(s) to obtain appropriate financial, legal, accounting, tax and other advice.
Other than the warranties and representations contained in these Terms, all other warranties and representations, whether express, implied or statutory are, to the fullest extent permitted by the law, excluded. We do not exclude or restrict our liabilities or duties to you where or to the extent that this is prohibited by law or regulation. Use of this Site is at your sole risk.
We do not represent that:
- any information contained on this Site will be accurate, complete or up to date or meet your specific requirements,
- this Site will be available,
- access to this Site will be uninterrupted or that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of information as this Site is transmitted to you,
- no viruses or other contaminating or destructive materials or elements will be transmitted or that your computer system will not be damaged.
We do not provide any guarantee about the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software, Content or equipment used in connection with this Site.
Exclusion of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any member of the AHR Group shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability (whether arising in contract, tort, including negligence, or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with:
- your use of this Site,
- your reliance on or your inability to use the information, products or services on this Site, or
- Any failure or performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure to this Site or your use or attempted use of it.
The above exclusions apply to any damage which is direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential or consists of loss of profits, business, opportunity or data.
All of the above exclusions apply even if you have advised us or any other member of the AHR Group of the possibility of the above types of damage, loss or liability.
Password and security
In order to use the Site or one or more parts of it, you may be required to become a registered user. In order to become a registered user we will issue you with one or more of the following, namely, registered username, password other security identifier (‘Password’) in accordance with our procedures in place from time to time.
You will keep your Password secret and confidential at all times. Your Password will allow you to access your personal and confidential account and/or financial information.
You must tell us immediately of any unauthorised access to the Site using your Password or any unauthorised transaction or instruction which you know of or suspect of if you suspect someone else knows your Password. We will need you to help us and any law enforcement agency in trying to recover any losses. We may disclose information about you or your account to a law enforcement agency or other third parties if we think it will help prevent or recover losses.
You are wholly responsible for use of the Site by any person using your Password.
We reserve the right to suspend access to the Site in the event that we suspect that an unauthorised person is attempting to access the Site using your Password.
Security – it is your sole responsibility adequately to:
- protect and back up your data and equipment,
- undertake reasonable and appropriate precautions against any computer virus or other destructive materials or elements, and
- ensure that your computers and your access to this Site are adequately secured against any unauthorised users.
Your use of this Site – you may not use this Site or permit others to use this Site:
- in any way (including via electronic means) and for any purpose which is unlawful, defamatory or libelous, offensive, abusive, indecent, menacing or threatening or in any way that infringes any intellectual property rights or breaches any obligations of confidence, or
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any other person or in any other way which is in violation of any applicable law or regulation in any jurisdiction in the world, or
- to introduce a virus or other disruptive material or element or otherwise disrupt or impair this Site or any communication service.
You undertake to comply with any terms notified to you as required from time to time by any third party supplier of data or services to this Site, including but not limited to, where necessary, entering into a direct agreement with such third party in respect of your use of their data.
Third party site and endorsement
- Links to Third Party Sites – where we provide hypertext links to other locations on the Internet, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content of any websites or pages of third parties linked to or from this Site. Following links to any websites or pages of third parties shall be at your own risk. We shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or in any other way in connection with such linking of those websites or pages.
- Downloads from Third Party Sites – links to third party downloadable software sites are for convenience only and we are not responsible nor are we liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading that software. You are responsible for obtaining all necessary authorisations to use such software and we give no implied licence or warranty in relation to the obtaining of or use of such software whatsoever.
- No Endorsement of Third Parties – no endorsement, approval or responsibility for appropriateness of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressed or implied by any hyperlinks to or from any third party websites or pages.
Links to our site
Neither you nor any other party may use any part of this Site on any other website, or link any other website to this Site, without our prior written permission.
We are not responsible for the set-up of any link from a third party website to our Site.
Neither you nor any other party may deep link to, frame, spider, harvest or scrape the Content or otherwise access the Content for any purposes, or use any machine, electronic, web based or similar device to read or extract the Content by machine based or automated means, without our prior written permission.
Intellectual property rights
- Our Rights – all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright, database rights, design rights, patents and trademarks) in the Content are owned by or licensed to us unless otherwise stated.
- HR – HR and the HR logo are trademarks of HR Investments Limited and all rights and benefits in them vest in HR Investments Limited.
- Copying by you and your access to the Site – you may print, copy, download or temporarily store extracts from this Site for your personal use or to help you use our products and services. You must not alter any extract contained on or obtained from this Site in any form. Any other use is prohibited unless you first get our written permission. Without limiting the above, unless you first get our written consent, you may not reproduce, modify, adapt, transmit, publish, broadcast, create derivative works of, store, archive or in any way exploit any of the Content. Without limitation, neither you nor any other party may do any of the following without prior written consent from us:
- create any data base in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Content; or
- redistribute any of the Content (including by using it as part of any syndication, content aggregation, archive or similar service); or
- remove the copyright or trademark notice from any copies of Content made in accordance with these Terms.
Internet and e-mail communications
Messages sent over the Internet (including e-mail) cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception, monitoring, delay, loss or alteration.
Neither we nor any other member of the AHR Group are responsible for any such messages nor liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any messages sent by you to us or any other party or any messages sent or appearing to be sent by us or any third party to you over the Internet (including e-mail). You should not include any sensitive or confidential information in such messages.
Our monitoring of communication
To help us improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record communications (whether over the Internet, telephone or otherwise) between you and us. All recordings are our sole property.
Data protection and Privacy
These Terms are governed by and are to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of UK.
The courts in England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute which may arise in connection with the Terms or your use of this Site.
At AHR we strive to enhance the financial lives of our clients, as well as those less fortunate. We are proud to have developed a number of signature programs that enable our employees and clients to help in bettering the world’s communities. We hope you join us on this journey.
We offer an encouraging matching gift program to our employees to give towards the meaningful causes we support. We offer a 1:1 ratio of matching contributions to non-profit organisations up to the value of $2,000 per employee each calendar year. We also offer up to $4,000 matching contributions made to our chosen educational sector charity Build Africa.
Our success as a company results from the care and compassion of our team members who bring our culture to life each day. Our Volunteer grant program provides grants to non profits where the employees volunteer on a regular basis.For every hour an employee volunteers with a nonprofit organisation, the company will donate $15.For every hour an employee volunteers with our chosen educational sector charity Build Africa, the company will donate $25.
Our client matching program is something quite unique. We will match any contributions made from clients to our chosen Build Africa Program. The client's donation is measured as a percentage against their managed portfolio. We will then contribute a 10x times multiple of this from our advisory fee up to a maximum of 50% of the fee.
Client Portfolio = £500,000
Client Donation = £5,000
Percentage = 1%
Multiple 10x = 10%
Therefore 10% of our advisory fee will be contributed to the same cause.
Help transform education for 3,300 children in Gitare, Kenya
Build Africa believes in the power of education to help end poverty. For the last twenty years, we have specialised in giving children in rural Kenya and Uganda a fair chance at a brighter future.
The Building Schools, Empowering Communities draws on Build Africa’s twenty years of experience delivering school projects. It uses the lessons we have learned along with new best practice in development to create a high impact, cost efficient approach. Most importantly, it transforms the educational landscape for children and families living in poverty, in areas where there are no other services to help.
Our experienced field teams have identified eight schools in Gitare, Kenya in urgent need of help. Attended by 3,300 children, these schools are the only ones children in remote areas can attend. Yet they are dilapidated with few learning resources and lacking trained teachers. With your help, Build Africa can transform these schools, making them safe, healthy and inspiring places to learn. We can tackle poverty through community programmes, making sure parents can afford educational expenses without their children having to go hungry. Finally, we can make sure that teachers are equipped with the skills and tools they need to bring
Working in clusters for improved cost-efficiency, impact and sustainability
Working with eight schools at a time and creating long-term partnerships improves our impact, sustainability and cost-efficiency. Peer to peer learning is a great way to enhance impact. Working with eight schools in a targeted area allows communities to share learning and resources. We can provide simultaneous training sessions for teachers and parents from each school. Working with one school at a time, without a long-term plan uses lots of staff time and prevents communities getting involved in the planning process. Over-crowding can also occur if parents move their children from their existing school to the school which is receiving support.
The project will be managed by an experienced Build Africa staff member, dedicated to these eight schools, who will effectively oversee all activities and reporting. This saves staff time, improves quality and increases the impact of our work.
A partnership for entrepreneurs
We are introducing two exciting initiatives to schools in the Gitare Cluster in partnership with WSV. Petal and Roots both work as social enterprises, putting money in the pockets of communities through micro - entrepreneurship schemes. Even better, these micro-enterprises make the schools safer and cleaner, increasing access and opportunity for all children to learn.
Half of Nakuru County’s population, where Gitare is situated, live in poverty. This contributes to low educational attendance and poor learning outcomes. Four out of five children in Class Three in Nakuru (where Gitare is situated) are still unable to do Class Two work.
There are currently many barriers preventing children accessing a quality education and these don’t just exist at school. Children must overcome poverty, poorly resourced and sometimes dangerous facilities and poorly trained teachers to get an education. Support is needed to achieve the three outcomes, overcoming the complex problems facing communities.
- No child denied an education: Poverty and discrimination remain the key barriers to a child getting an education. Parents in Gitare are not always able to prioritise their children’s education when they are struggling to earn a living and feed their families. They often need their children to look after younger siblings or assist with household chores, such as fetching water, which results in children being kept home from school. Parents are sometimes faced with the impossible choice of prioritising which child goes to school and who stays at home, a heart-breaking decision to make as a parent.
- Every child gets the chance to learn: The eight schools we have identified in Gitare are dilapidated, unsafe and ill-equipped. Children are learning in temporary structures, with no furniture or books. Latrines and washing facilities are hazardous and clean water is often not accessible, putting children at risk of dangerous diseases. There are few sporting facilities and teachers lack the basic equipment to do their jobs. The Board of Management (BOM) at a school is made up of parents, teachers and members of the local community whose job it is to govern and administer the school. Although local families are often dedicated to developing their schools, very few people had the chance at an education themselves. Communities often lack the knowledge, skills and power to improve the education standards for their children.
- Every child leaves school with the skills they need: Well trained and motivated teachers are the lifeblood of any school. The sad reality is that teachers in the Gitare region have had very little training or support since receiving their basic qualification. Children are desperately trying to learn but are often taught using outdated methods including rote learning (repeating after their teacher) and on top of this have limited access to vital resources like text books or engaging classroom displays.
Build Africa takes the time to understand the needs of each community while building long term relationships and run multi-year projects to create lasting change. We have an integrated and holistic approach to overcome the complex challenges that prevent children from reaching their potential.
No child denied an education: Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs) are micro-finance schemes which we run in the community. They help families living in poverty to manage their money and to afford educational expenses. VSLAs use community trainers and weekly meetings to operate. This makes them a perfect way for us to introduce agricultural skills training and parents clubs too. These empower parents to grow and sell more produce, making them more financial secure. The parents clubs equip them with practical skills to support their children's learning at home and in school, even if they didn't get an education.
Every child gets the chance to learn: In partnership with the community, we will renovate and repair every element of schools in line with national standards and Unicef child friendly guidelines. Children will have safe water to drink and clean toilets to use, keeping them safe from disease. We will build enough permanent classrooms to accommodate every child and fill them with textbooks, educational games and bright visual displays designed to inspire. Teacher accommodation on-site will tackle absenteeism and motivate teachers to stay in these rural areas. Training will be held to help schools and communities manage these facilities for years to come.
Every child leaves school with the skills they need: Using our twenty years of experience and the knowledge of local experts, Build Africa is working to create the right resources to bring learning to life for children in rural Kenya. Teachers who teach by rote do so because this is how they learned themselves. We will train teachers in child-friendly methods which are interactive and inspiring to improve the learning outcomes of children attending the school. Teacher learning circles, a collective problem solving methodology will be used to encourage critical thinking, to handle the challenges of working in the tough rural environment.
The Build a School, Empower a Community approach is tailor-made for every school. We have worked extensively with communities at the planning stages, so they feel ownership and commitment to the project. The investment to transform the school is presented as a kick-start, with training on how to manage and maintain resources a vital part of the partnership.
Up to Date
If you are a new client interested in properties and investments, you can subscribe to our mailing list. Please fill in your name and e-mail address and be the first to receive email updates on new project launch announcements, sales, news and more.Sign Up
We’re here to help, whenever you need us
Whatever your current situation, our friendly team of financial experts is always on hand to help put you on the path to a brighter financial future. Take the first step by getting in touch today.
© Copyright 2021 AHR Private Wealth. All Rights Reserved.